Monday, December 27, 2010

Naked self portraits

Sometimes I cringe when I look in the mirror. So I was curious when I read about this class by Portrait artist Susan Singer I wondered would I rather create my own naked portrait or have someone else do it.

I am a big fan of Susan Singer's work


This class description made me think about my inner artist


Naked Self Portraiture: Drawing Inward to Draw Outward.

Part exploration of the soul, part exploration of the body, this class will give you time and permission to see yourself as you truly are with loving eyes. We’ll draw and paint and sculpt with simple materials like Playdoh and finger paint, easy for the inexperienced artist and challenging enough for even the professional artist as well. We’ll go inward through Authentic Movement and guided meditation to find the essence of who we are outwardly on the inside. Come prepared to disrobe, to explore, to laugh, and to discover richly, deeply your own gorgeous self, inside and out.


Fee: $200 for the session, no drop-ins permitted


Contact Susan Singer to register. SusanSingerArt@msn.com. 804-267-3455.

No comments: