Monday, September 05, 2005

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE FEEDING ME

I went over to Judith ABbott's house for a casual dinner. She had just bought a new pickle cookbook and pickled everything. The best was the curried pickled zucchini with red grapes. (really, it was wonderful) Also tried bread and butter pickles, dill pickles, sweet and sour pickles, coleslaw and had sandwhiches (no pickles included) She made chocolate cupcakes for dessert and slipped me a few on the way out. Ever since I started www.chocolateatlas.com people seem compelled to feed me pickles.

Friday night I went over to Diane Teitlebaums while husband Bill was ice-fishing in Alaska. We had Eddy's New York Pizza (actually came from Albertson's but tasted authentic) Plus yummy chocolate cake and mocha swirl ice cream. I brought some Sabra hummus that someone had sent me to sample for appetizers.

Tonight I ate over at my neighbors, Jan and John Belcher. John grilled hamburgers and we had real Texas food, beans and coleslaw. The beverage was a wonderful pinot noir I was sent and it was a perfect pairing on a hot night.

Tomorrow I back to the usual routine of visiting doctors all day.

No comments: